Clip is changing the way payments work in Mexico! Clip enables anyone to accept card payments anytime, anywhere with just a smartphone or tablet. Clip is the first Fintech unicorn in Mexico and the leader in merchant acquiring. We are accelerating to extend our lead and move into exciting new markets.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer who will be part of this amazing and fast – growing fintech and the team responsible for developing software and tools to support PayClip’s core payment processing infrastructure. S/He will develop with different technologies.
This person will learn and experiment new technologies to reach Clip customers, the scope of this role includes becoming an expert on content usage and customer insights. S/he should thrive in a culture of decisions based on analytics, be able to step-back and communicate both the strategic and immediate implications on priorities. This candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills in both English and Spanish and be willing to continue learning and loving technology.
What will I be doing?
- Work as part of a team developing in Java with Spring Boot using Agile development methodologies.
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in processes and infrastructure.
- Work with the team and Chief Architect to design and build services for payment processing.
- Effectively use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix defects before they become a problem.
- Develop world changing software solutions.
- Solve complex problems by providing clean and scalable solutions.
- Strong problem-solving skills by writing maintainable code [design patterns, unit testing].
- Comfortability learning new technologies.
- Proficiency in Java 8 with Spring boot and knowledge of solid principles.
- Comfortability with fast-changing priorities.
- General knowledge of Design and Architecture of tech products [Solid understanding of microservices Architecture] and different communication protocols.
- Deep Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure [AWS is nice to have but any other cloud provider is good].
- Deep knowledge working with high-concurrency environments
A successful candidate needs to have experience working with technologies such as Java, Cloud infrastructure (AWS), build automation tools (Maven, NPM), Messaging/Queueing tools (SQS, Rabbit MQ), SQL and NO-SQL datastores (MySQL, Dyamodb, Mongodb), strong problem-solving skills by writing maintainable code, experience using basic data structures, such as Hash Tables, Lists, Maps, Arrays, and Stacks, strong experience with Agile Methodologies, general knowledge of Design and Architecture of tech products